Monday, January 5, 2015

"What's Up in Riverton?"


I had the opportunity to share my platform, STEM Not Only for Men, at the free community event, "What's Up in Riverton?" on Saturday, September 20 from 11 AM - 2 PM at Riverton City Hall by the Riverton City Library. 




At my booth South Hills Middle School's MESA (Math, Engineering, Science Achievement) club helped make Ziploc ice cream and taught children and adults about the science behind homemade ice cream and held science demonstrations.



I also had past Engineering Fair projects on display and promoted the engineering process and my Engineering Fair Curriculum.  Additionally, I promoted the University of Utah College of Science program called "The ACCESS Program for Women in Science and Mathematics," which I participated in during the 2014 Summer semester at the University of Utah.

I would like to thank our generous sponsor:
The University of Utah College of Science






No comments:

Post a Comment